Country

-State

-City

but we need like

Country

-State

-City

Thanks in Advance 🙂

• very not hard.... you can create a view that will create a "tree view" look and feel by adding a group by on one item (let's say, City). then, within that item, add another group by. also, making the rows invisible and using the toggle item will create this look and feel.

check this article, please, i hope it helps.

http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/Standards/Rules/RulesToBetterSQLReportingServices.aspx#NodeNumber

thanks.

• Thanks for the Reply

if i use the simple Drill down method of SSRS thn the view will b like:

Column1 | Column2| Column3

Country

- State

-City

this will take a lot of space , what i want is like

Country

-State

-City

if this is possible thn i can save space on the page

and i want to implement this in Matrix

Thanks

Ravi

• no problem. matrix is good when your columns are being determined dynamically.

to save the space, you'd just make the columns more narrow and merge couple cells together. if it's your first time, i'd try with something simple: just add one group by and outline all the "landscaping " part. and, i'd start with the table first, it's easier 🙂 to see what went wrong 🙂 and where.

have fun!

• Hi Ravi:

I buillt a sample treeview in SSRS using a table region object. (I believe the same technique could work in matrix). The trick is to make the first couple of columns very narrow. Doing so, however, requires that you also merge several cells across a row so that the data at the group levels displays on a single line rather than wrapping within a tiny cell.

Attached is the rdl for the sample I've created for you. It uses Northwind as the database. Just save the file as ".rdl" instead of .txt

I hope it is of use to you.

--Pete

• Thanks for the reply Pete

the thing which u tried is possible with table but i guess not with matrix.

and i think SSRS do not allow to merge cells or columns when using matrix , the same can b done in table

but i want to implement tree view using matrix . any more idea will b really helpful

Regards,

Ravi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply