How to hide owner name in object explorer ?

• SQL 2005 Management studio, Object Explorer tree is showing owner name in front of the objects.

Is there a way to hide the owner name?

Thank you !

• I do not believe their is a way in SQL 2005/2008 to turn it off, but I could be wrong. Is having the object owner causing a problem?

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• No problem, just a preference. Wouldn't be nice when you press T to go to the table name wich starts with T instead of scrolling down 1 tone?

😉

• Under the View menu, there is an item "Object Explorer Details" that opens a new tab with separate columns for object name and schema, and you can type "t" to posiion on the Ts etc..

Dose not help me much as the company I currently work at insists on prefixing all their stored procedures with "sp"...

pef

• as the company I currently work at insists on prefixing all their stored procedures with "sp"...

If memory serves me correctly .............

Is that an sp_somename (underscore after the sp). Who will help them if someone names their own stored procedure with the same name as a stored procedure in the Master DB. Since by default any procedure with the name sp_ when invoked by name say in SSMS, the database engine searches for the procedure in the Master DB and if found there that is the sp which is executed.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• I think your memory dose server you correctly :). But here they don't have the "_".

I'm a contractor,so get to move around companies a fair amount, and its surprising the number that do places that use the sp as a prefix, one of my pet hates.

pef

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply