How to get this output ?

• Hi everybody

I have a requirement like this

I have a table call Child which looks like following

ChildId ChildAgeByYear ReferralSoure NoOfReferral

Ch01 02 Self 2

Ch01 02 Open 1

Ch03 02 Self 1

Now my problem is I need to display the above Child table information like this

AgeGroup ReferralSoure NoOfReferral

0 0

1 0

2 Self 3

Open 1

3 0

4 0

I need to count the child age group by child age like, 1, 2, 3, 4, and their ReferralSource and NoOfReferral for each child depends on the ReferralSource

Any Idea ?

Regards

Suis

• /* I always work best with examples, so I've recreated your table (sort of), populated it with some test

data and then provided a SQL Script to report it the way you want.  There might be a way to do it without

joining with the in-memory table but I don't know it of the top of my head. */

if exists (select 1 from  sysobjects where  id = object_id('child_') and   type = 'U') drop table child_

go

create table child_(

childId_ numeric(10,0) not null identity,

ChildAgeByYear_ integer,

ReferralSource_ varchar(10),

NumberOfReferrals_ integer,

constraint pk_child_ primary key (childID_)

)

go

insert into child_ (ChildAgeByYear_,ReferralSource_,NumberOfReferrals_) values (2,'Self',2)

insert into child_ (ChildAgeByYear_,ReferralSource_,NumberOfReferrals_) values (2,'Open',1)

insert into child_ (ChildAgeByYear_,ReferralSource_,NumberOfReferrals_) values (3,'Self',3)

insert into child_ (ChildAgeByYear_,ReferralSource_,NumberOfReferrals_) values (3,'Open',1)

insert into child_ (ChildAgeByYear_,ReferralSource_,NumberOfReferrals_) values (1,'Self',2)

insert into child_ (ChildAgeByYear_,ReferralSource_,NumberOfReferrals_) values (4,'Self',2)

go

--select * from child_

--This is the key part of the script.  You create an in-memory table (could be done with a temp table)

--and populate it with all the years you want to report on (I suppose 0 to 100 would be sufficient) and

--then join your real table to the in-memory table and group by the colums you want the "counts/sums" for.

begin

declare @t_ table (age_ int)

declare @i_ int

set @i_ = 0

while @i_ < 10

begin

insert into @t_ values (@i_)

set @i_ = @i_ + 1

end

--select * from @t_

select age_, coalesce(referralsource_,'N/A'), coalesce(sum(numberofreferrals_),0)

from child_ right outer join @t_ on childagebyyear_ = age_

group by age_, referralsource_

order by age_

end

• Thank you very much for your kind help, and fast response.

i could sorted out the sql,

thanks very much again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply