How to fix Logon trigger issue

• Login triggers fire early in the connection process, before the switch to the requested DB happens. That's why you need the 3-part table name and why you only see master.

As for the login name... ORIGINAL_LOGIN() is the function you want there.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • thank you for all the help. i am getting the data in the table now but as you said it still shows the db name as "master" and not the user database. I have one more question, do i have to give "Insert" right on the Audit table to all the users? because if i don't i get the same error message and only sys admin is able to log in but when i give Insert right on that table to all users then everyone is able to log in.

• hi again ,

is there any way to get the user database name in the db_name column instead of "master"?

thanks

• Rather use impersonation and just have that login having the permissions. Shouldn't be SA though. I don't think you can get the DB in a login trigger, it fires too early in the login process.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • thank you again but i got the user db name. i used ORIGINAL_DB_NAME() and it returned me the user database name in the db column.

• Im also facing same problem, SQL server does not allowed for login any user.. also DAC connection is not working even enabled... so I have daily backup of master database...Just restored perivious master database backup..then my problem is resolved...if backup is not availale need to rebuild master db using setup CD.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply