How to execute schedule job(SP) from server A to Server B?

• Hello.

My post could be duplicate but somehow I couldn't find the answer I am looking for.

Here is my senecio.

I have my Server-A is Prod/ETL server where I have schedule nightly ETL process(SP's) that finishes 1AM Daily.

I also have my Production server-B where data get updated at 4AM Daily.

Now, What I would like to accomplish is to when my ETL Process finishes at 1AM on Server-A I would like to kick of data update process on Server-B. This both job has been schedule on "Job Activity Monitor" SQL 05.

So here is my time line:

1) Server-A ETL Process finish 1AM

2) Server-B Update Process start 4AM

Between this there is not validation that if ETL Process failed than update process on Server-B SHOULD NOT start.

So, How do I create a process that when Server-A ETL process finishes successfully THEN server-B update process kick off..other wise it should not run.

Please let me know if you can provide me some guidance.

• What i can come up with the solution as per your scenario is as below:-

create a job in B server which will take the backup of the database on A server.only on successfully completion , i mean to say that on the completion of the first step, write another step which will restore that database to B server. But2nd step(restore part) will execute one if 1st step got executed succesfully.

Script of the job will send you soon on next post.

Sanjeev

• keyun (1/14/2010)

Hello.

My post could be duplicate

Yes it is. This one has replies & solutions:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic848786-146-1.aspx#bm848943

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply