how to encapsulate 2 sequence containers between begin commit transaction statements; with rollback if either fail

• I have the following

1) Sequence container A, which consists of 2 sequence containers B and C

2) sequence container B, which make use of 2 connection manages one source one destination. (each for different server)

3) sequence container C, which make use of 2 connection manages one source one destination. (each for different server). This container source and destination is same as for Sequence container B but for a different table.

As result of specific criteria I need to work with the specified 2 tables

I have already tried to make use of execute SQL task, but then I get no begin for commit transaction. I believe this is because container B and C create different connections as the tables is different.

Is there a way that if one of the containers B or C fail both do rollback transaction?

Thank you

• I think you are looking for the RetainSameConnection property on the Connection Manager. If you set that to True all connections to that data source in the course of your Package executing will happen the same connection allowing you to manage transactions across different requests.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply