How to Deploy the SSIS Package

• Hi Guys.,

Actually i am new to SSIS part i wanted to know step by step deployment process of SSIS Package

Any body knows please share link.Thanks for advance

Thanks

Ranganathan Palanisamy

• The power of Google is there for you as well as me, but since you're new I've done it for you, just this once. Check here.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (1/28/2011)

The power of Google is there for you as well as me, but since you're new I've done it for you, just this once. Check here.

The method Phil suggested is the painfully slow to work with and unmaintainable option (sorry Phil :-D).

You can install BIDSHelper to deploy packages to a test or development server, but for real big deployments you can script the deployment for multiple packages with the dtutil utility.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen (da-zero) (1/28/2011)

Phil Parkin (1/28/2011)

The power of Google is there for you as well as me, but since you're new I've done it for you, just this once. Check here.

The method Phil suggested is the painfully slow to work with and unmaintainable option (sorry Phil :-D).

You can install BIDSHelper to deploy packages to a test or development server, but for real big deployments you can script the deployment for multiple packages with the dtutil utility.

I knew I should have left that one to the experts. I should stick to dev questions 🙂

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi,

Please help me with the scenarios below:

A-Server contains:

1. SSIS Package (dtsx)

2. textfiles to be imported in Database (of B-Server).

3. SSIS Component installed ONLY (no BIDS, no SQLServer-engine)

B-Server

1. SQL Server -engine (with target database).

2. WITHOUT SSIS Component installed.

--------------------------------------

I need to manually execute the .dtsx in A-Server using DTEXEC.exe in the command line.

This dtsx will import/convert the textfile to the database located in B-Server.

Both servers are in 64-bit.

Is it possible with the given situation above? What are the other requirements/components needed?

• mgbp (4/21/2011)

Hi,

Please help me with the scenarios below:

A-Server contains:

1. SSIS Package (dtsx)

2. textfiles to be imported in Database (of B-Server).

3. SSIS Component installed ONLY (no BIDS, no SQLServer-engine)

B-Server

1. SQL Server -engine (with target database).

2. WITHOUT SSIS Component installed.

--------------------------------------

I need to manually execute the .dtsx in A-Server using DTEXEC.exe in the command line.

This dtsx will import/convert the textfile to the database located in B-Server.

Both servers are in 64-bit.

Is it possible with the given situation above? What are the other requirements/components needed?

Same remark as in this topic:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic865414-148-2.aspx#bm1096796

Crossposting shatters replies and wastes peoples time.

• @Koen

I also want to know the same. It seems, by mistake you gave this post link only.

• Whoops, I copy pasted the wrong link.

To answer the question: yes, it should be possible.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply