How to delete a susbcription !!!

• Hi,

I delete from Enterprise Manager all the publications on publisher server thinking that will delete all subscriptions, but didn't, so now How I delete manually the subscriptions, Using sp_dropsubscription will not work because I don't have the publisher and I dont' have the subscriber any more, they are just alone sql servers now both using sql 2000

help!

thanks in advance

• Let me see if I understand your situation correctly.  You had replication set up and had a publisher, a distributor, and a subscription (or more).  You have now deleted replication, removed it by executing "disable publishing and distribution" from the tools|replication pulldown... (or some other way)... and now you still see on the former subscriber, under replication | subscriptions, the name(s) of the database that were formerly subscriptions?

I noticed that, too... and I also noticed that the name of one of them was the Northwind DB that I had experimented with... I made a backup of Northwind... deleted it, and the "subscripion" went away... I then restored Northwind.

So, it seems that as long as the database that was created with a subscription exists, that is shows up in this menu location.  Not sure if this is a bug or a "feature"...

Hope that answers your question.

Thank-you,
    David Russell
    Any Cloud, Any Database, Oracle since 1982

• On the publishing databases, there is a table called MSReplication_subscriptions.

If you drop this table, it will remove the subscribers from the publisher.

If I remember correctly.

This assumes you have dropped replication.

HTH..Graeme

• Correction...see the subscribing databases for the MSReplication_Subscriptions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply