How to create a excel dynamic?

• Hi everybody, I have a DTS that export data of the SELECT from my server PERU8\PERUEIGHT and save the result in a excel D:\Recuperados.xls. How I can doing for the excel have the date of the past week ?

By example: Recuperados170308-230308.xls, Recuperados240308-300308.xls, ...

Thanks by your help

P.D: The object that I'm using is in the attachment.

• Under Connection Managers modify Excel connection's properties. Use Expressions property - > add property expression for the ConnectionString - >

"C:\\Recuperados"+REPLACE(SUBSTRING((DT_STR, 30, 1252) DATEADD("dd",-7,GETDATE()) ,1,10) ,"-","")+"-"+ REPLACE(SUBSTRING((DT_STR, 30, 1252) GETDATE() ,1,10),"-","")+ ".xls"

This will generate file name as C:\Recuperados20080405-20080412.xls. You can use substring function to change it to the format in your example.

• It may not be an option but I would recommend building reports of such a nature with SQL Server Reporting Services and creating a subscription to automate the delivery of it.

Cheers,

Ben Sullins
    bensullins.com
    Beer is my primary key...

• Hi, thanks by your answer. I has add to Expressions property, the ConnectionString inserting the code that give me, but when run the package show this error:

Nonfatal errors occurred while saving the package:

Error at Package [Connection manager "Excel Recuperados"]: The connection string format is not valid. It must consist of one or more components of the form X=Y, separated by semicolons. This error occurs when a connection string with zero components is set on database connection manager.

Error at Package: The result of the expression ""C:\\Recuperados"+REPLACE(SUBSTRING((DT_STR, 30, 1252) DATEADD("dd",-7,GETDATE()) ,1,10) ,"-","")+"-"+ REPLACE(SUBSTRING((DT_STR, 30, 1252) GETDATE() ,1,10),"-","")+ ".xls"" on property "ConnectionString" cannot be written to the property. The expression was evaluated, but cannot be set on the property.

• Place the expression in the ExcelFilePath property. Connection strings are for OLEDB type of connections, whereas the excel file path is the physical path of where the file actually is/will be located. I had to learn this the hard way myself.

Marvin Dillard
    Senior Consultant
    Claraview Inc

• Hi, I has doing that you wrote, but show this error:

Error at Data Flow Task [Excel Destination Recuperados [1570]]: An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E37.

Error at Data Flow Task [Excel Destination Recuperados [1570]]: Opening a rowset for "Hoja1$" failed. Check that the object exists in the database.

Error at Data Flow Task [DTS.Pipeline]: "component "Excel Destination Recuperados" (1570)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".

Error at Data Flow Task [DTS.Pipeline]: One or more component failed validation.

Error at Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation.

(Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration)

I has read in others post that it isn't neccesary that exist the excel dinamyc, only the excel that indicate in the Excel connection setting -> Excel file path->D:\Recuperados.xls. This file exist and is directioning to Hoja$1, that too exists.

• Lisset

What is happening is that you need to remap the source to target mappings, once that is accomplished the error should disappear.

Marvin Dillard
    Senior Consultant
    Claraview Inc

• How do i map the source to target file. I am getting the following error if i try to change the Data access mode to : Table name or view name variable. When a select the variable name the following error is produced

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio

------------------------------

Error at Data Flow Task [Excel Destination [3675]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E37.

Error at Data Flow Task [Excel Destination [3675]]: Opening a rowset for "ALH" failed. Check that the object exists in the database.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC02020E8 (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

BUTTONS:

OK

How do i go about this problem.

• I was able to get this working through the sample/help posted on MS forums here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2042582&SiteID=17

HTH,

Shari

• can any one help me with this error please.

i need to create dynamic excel file depending upon the nos of rows in the table. Example: if there are 4 rows then 4 excel files

[Excel Destination [23]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E37.

[Excel Destination [23]] Error: Opening a rowset for "ExcelDestination" failed. Check that the object exists in the database.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: "component "Excel Destination" (23)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply