How to copy folder from one location to another location

• Hi,

I need to create a package to move from one folder location A to another folder location B by checking whether folder exists or not. We have a table with column to see all FolderNames which are located in location B. Now I need to move copy folders from A to B, which are not in B by checking sql table. I am glad for your inputs.

Thanks

• Sangeeth878787 (9/14/2016)

Hi,

I need to create a package to move from one folder location A to another folder location B by checking whether folder exists or not. We have a table with column to see all FolderNames which are located in location B. Now I need to move copy folders from A to B, which are not in B by checking sql table. I am glad for your inputs.

Thanks

By 'move copy', do you mean 'move' or 'copy'? You can't do both.

Your requirement is otherwise slightly unclear. Is it this?

1) Check folders which exist at location A.

2) Compare with folders at location B.

3) If folders exist at location A which is not at location B, create the folder in location B.

I assume not, because this does not require a table. Alternative version:

1) Check folders which exist at location A.

2) Compare with FolderNames table

3) If folders exist at location A which are not in the FolderNames table, insert rows in the FolderNames table

Or some combination of these?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi,

I need to copy folders from location A to Location B.

1) Copy Folders from A[Eg: Folder 1, Folder 2....Folder 100] to B location, by checking location B folders[Eg: Folder1, Folder2...Folder30 - This folders exists in Location B and also Sql tables FolderTable with coloumnName Folders has Folder1,Folder2... Folder30]

2) Check FolderName from Location A with Sql Table FolderTable, copy Only Folders which are not in this FoldersColumn.

We are implemented this logic in PowerShell, but we want rewrite in SQL/SSIS.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply