how to apply sp1 to SSIS

• ok seemed straight forward enough, I have installed sql 2005 RTM std edition, reporting services etc but did not think I would need SSIS so did not install it.  I have now applied sp1 and hotfix all ok so far. I have now decided to install SSIS from base RTM cd which worked ok all running fine.  SSIS showing its release 9.0.1399 as it should be.  So now I try applying sp1, but SSIS is not selectable as a candidate for patch as it indicates its a higher version (which its not).  Unable to apply hotfix either as this indiactes that SP1 is required first.... catch 22. Anyone managed to perform this minor miracle?  Any advice appreciated.  Please don't tell me I need to perform complete uninstall and then start over for all products.

Regards,

Derek

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I have the exact same problem. Do anyone ever figure this out?

I have scoured Google and the MS Knowledge base. The only answer I found was to use the original Setup.exe off the CD and then apply the service pack. That did not work for me.

Going to SP2 is not option in my current environment

Any input would be great

• I had a similar problem, but trying to apply SSRS after SP1+hot-fixes had been applied.

in the end, I scheduled a weekend maintenance window, backed up the databases, rebuilt the server, installing all the bits I needed, patched them, then reattached the databases.

All was well with the world.

AucklandSQL User Group
    Independent SQL Server Consultant
    SQL Server MVP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply