How do i interface this?

• I have 3 tables and I want to use command line interface (DOS prompt) to populate 2 of the 3 tables namely grp, grp_usr and usr tables respectively.

I want to be able to add another row to the grp table which has two most important columns i.e. the g_name column which is the grp name and g_createdate which is the time the grp was created and also a column that specifies who created the group.

After this I want to be able to select the users that would be added to the grp_usr table by using the initials of the users from the usr table under the u_net_name column which has individual initials of all the users of the system.

So in essence what I'm trying to say is I want to use usr table's initials column to populate the grp_usr table after creating the grp in grp table by using the u_net_name column in usr's table which has the initials of required members to be added to the group.

My question is does anyone know of a way to I can go about writing this in order to interface the DOS prompt with the tables in question.

I've never being opportuned to work with DOS prompt interfacing with SQL before so any help at all appreciated...

Also this is all SQL 6.5

• not sure about in sql 6.5 but in 7 and 200 you can use the ISQLW.exe to pass sql statements to SQL server from a dos window. you can also have the output sent to a file.

MVDBA

• i know you can even in 6.5 my problem is how not regarding the version...

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply