How do I extract a single place from SSIS

• Hi ,

I have done some SSIS programs, wherein I take all data from notepad and insert into database.

Now I have a notepad which will be in this manner

"UnitNo:1548787878 Speed:01 Ignition:1 ............"

In the above manner I will have a string which will be in a single line and or more than one line.

I want to store the number that follows the unit number in one column of the database and the rest in another column.

How will I do that in SSIS. Can anyone please provide me with some hints or major steps as to how do I do it.

Regards

cmrhema

• Is this the way the data is actually coming along?, i mean is the heading like unit is repeating itself through out the text file?

• Yes the word unit will be repeated in each and every line and it will be termed as new line

• When u create new flat file connection manager from General tab,use format as Ragged right from drop down option.Then move to column tab as you will see the image of your flat file and using the cursor you can select whereever you want to start a new column. To name the column just go to the advanced tab and specify whatever name you want inside the column box

thanks

Simon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply