How can i test SSIS package in QA Environment?

• I had created the SSIS package in DEV environment.

But i want to test my SSIS package in QA Environment.

How can i test my package in QA Environment.

Please share your thoughts..?

Thanks in advance...

• The answer to this depends on how you migrate your package from Environment to environment. If you use package configuration, that would be easier to move your package between lot of environments. But if you simply want to test it, you will have to change your connection settings on your package and then run it using your automation tool (SQL Server agent).

• I had set the package configuration in my SSIS Package.

And i have not access for SQL Server Agent.

Without SQL Server Agent, can i run the package in QA Environment...?

PLease let me know

• Without SQL Agent, your only option is to execute the SSIS packages manually, which will be fine to do it once or twice, but that would most likely not how you would schedule the SSIS packages right? So when you schedule them on your other environments the results might vary..

I have seen n number of people complaining where SSIS packages run smoothly manually (without any issues) but as soon as scheduled they start failing (mostly dues to security issues)..

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Read BOL about DTEXEC and DTUTIL and how to use them to manually modify your command line execution string.

• When i try to connect the Intergration Service engine

on Testing Server.

I get error.Please read below..

TITLE: Connect to Server

------------------------------

Cannot connect to "TesServerName\inst1".

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

Invalid server name "TesServerName".SSIS service does not support multi-instance, use just server name instead of "server name\instance".

Invalid server name "TesServerName". SSIS service does not support multi-instance, use just server name instead of "server name\instance".

• Are you connecting from SSMS?

SSIS is not instance specific, so try connecting to the SSIS Instance without the \Instance name, just give the server name and try..

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• yes , i am connecting from SSMS.

And i removes the instance name.

Please read the below error.

TITLE: Connect to Server

Cannot connect to TestServerName

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Sdk.Sfc)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476

Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer "TestServerName" failed with the following error: "Access is denied.

".

This error occurs when the computer has not been configured to allow remote connections through DCOM, or the user does not have permission to access the SQL Server Integration Services service through DCOM.

Connecting to the Integration Services service on the computer "TestServerName" failed with the following error: "Access is denied.

".

This error occurs when the computer has not been configured to allow remote connections through DCOM, or the user does not have permission to access the SQL Server Integration Services service through DCOM.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply