How can I restrict a particular user accssing my Sql Server?

• Hi,

I have one SQL Server and number of DB into it. Different user has access to Different DB through Application.

I have to monitor this whole system as a Sql Server Administrator. Now when user tries to Login at Sql Server I should know which user is trying to Login and which DB user is trying to access. If the user is in today's working list then I will give access otherwise restrict it becoz the user does not appear in today's list.

------------------------------

For example:

A, B and C are the employee of the company.

On 1/1/2005, on list A and B is there who can access Sql server. So when C tries to login I should know and will restrict him.

Now on 2/1/2005, on list A and C is there who can access Sql Server. So when B tries to login on 2/1/2005 I should know and will restrict him.

Sometimes it is like A can access A1 Database but not A2. In this case when A tries to access A1 DB I should Know and I will give access. But when A tries to access A2 DB I should know and I will restrict him accessing A2 DB.

-------------------------------

Remember one thing that task list is not predefined for furture dates. It comes to me every morning and according I have to restrict the user accessing Sql Server.

1) Is there any System level Store Procedure that I as an SQl Server Admin can access and restrict the user.

2) How can I monitor the user who is trying to login particular DB of Sql Server before he actually login. Through Profile we come to know when user is logged-In.

3) Into which System table does enteries are maintained of who have successfully logged IN and who were failed to Logged IN

Please help I am totally fresher to Sql Server.

Kindest Regards,

Vishal Prajapati

DBA at Extentia Infromation Technology

• Please do not cross post, we read all forums

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=5&messageid=227144

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply