How can I query multiple entries for false value

• I have 3 tables, 1 containing employee details ordered by Employee number, 1 containing training courses, including course reference numbers and course descriptions, and the last table is a record of each employees training, which contains Employee number and course reference number. This last table can have multiple records for each Employee number, representing when a person has done more than one course. I can easily sort out those employees who have attended a particular course, but I am having alot of trouble trying to list staff who have not completed a particular course, due to the multiple records for each employee, testing for a course number not equal to a particular value still returns those people who have done the course, because they have other entries that satisfy the criteria. Any suggests or help would be greatly appreciated

• How about

select e.<FieldList> from Employees e

where e.EmployeeId not in

(select EmployeeId from EmployeeTraining where CourseRefNo = <CourseId&gt

that should do the trick.

S

• SELECT Emp.EmployeeNumber

FROM tblEmployees Emp

LEFT JOIN

(SELECT EmployeeNumber FROM tblEmployeeCourse

WHERE CourseNumber = 'XXX') EC

ON Emp.EmployeeNumber = EC.EmployeeNumber

WHERE EC.EmployeeNumber IS NULL

• Thanks for the prompt replies, which have enabled me to get the result I was after. They are also much simpler than the code I was trying to write, which is always a good thing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply