How can I check for numerics in a string fileld in a conditional split?

• How can I check for numerics in a string field in a conditional split of a flat file data source?

I basically want to dump the bad data.

Thanks,

Dave

• You can check "like '%[0-9]%'". That'll tell you if the field contains any numbers.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Thanks, but with that I get:

"Error at Data Flow Task [Conditional Split [214]]: Attempt to parse the expression "[Column 0] like '%0-9%'" failed. The expression might contain an invalid token, an incomplete token, or an invalid element. It might not be well-formed, or might be missing part of a required element such as a parenthesis.

Error at Data Flow Task [Conditional Split [214]]: Cannot parse the expression "[Column 0] like '%0-9%'". The expression was not valid, or there is an out-of-memory error.

Error at Data Flow Task [Conditional Split [214]]: The expression "[Column 0] like '%0-9%'" on "output "Case 1" (278)" is not valid.

Error at Data Flow Task [Conditional Split [214]]: Failed to set property "Expression" on "output "Case 1" (278)".

I should have mentioned it's a 10 byte column.

• I don't think it's possible to do a "regEx" search using standard SSIS components (such as Conditional Split) because of non-availability of "regEx" functions in SSIS.

Other option is to do the check in the "Script Component" and flag that row as "Invalid" or "Valid" and then redirect the rows to appropriate outputs using "Conditional Split".

--Ramesh

• How about using the Regular Expression Editor?

[0-9] seems to work OK most of the time but it's still letting some things through, not sure why. I think this is only looking at the first byte. I found this

^([0-9]|[1-9][0-9]|1[0-9][0-9]|2[0-4][0-9]|25[0-5])$

Which, the description sounded like just what I needed, but it doesn't let anything through.

Any thoughts?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply