Hidememberif

• Hello All,

I am working on SSAS 2008 R2. I have a simple hierarchy, CustGeography.

Country-->State-->City-->CustName

create table dbo.Cust(Country varchar(10),[State] varchar(10),City varchar(10),Cust varchar(10))

insert into dbo.Cust values ('USA','NY','NY','Adams')

I am trying to hide city level since it is same as the state. I tried both the parent name and only child with parent name on city. But nothing seems to work. I am using the cube browser to browse this dimension.

Is there any thing i am doing wrong. Please help!

Thanks,

• You have to set appropriate cube security/browse properties..it has been long time though...but this is where you start exploring.

Raunak J

• Thanks Raunak! but can you be little bit specific, what do you mean by cube/browse properties...

• You're lower levels would also have to be "hideable", or else it's not going to work. It looks like you have a level below city that would not meet this requirement.

• You have to set appropriate cube security/browse properties..it has been long time though...but this is where you start exploring.

I don't wish to seem rude, but this isn't helpful, and it's not the first non-helpful answer I've seen from you. If all you are trying to do is increase the number of responses, go for it, but when people have demonstrated that they have tried to figure out the answer and the question is specific (eg not "How do I build a data warehouse"), they need help. If you are not prepared to provide it, I would recommend that you refrain from commenting.

• RonKyle (11/16/2010)

You're lower levels would also have to be "hideable", or else it's not going to work. It looks like you have a level below city that would not meet this requirement.

Its working if i have the same value for all the lower levels like ('USA','Adams','Adams','Adams'), but obviously i can not do this on my production data. Is there any other way.

Also can i refer this article here, he seems to be doing the same (i am not dealing with mdx compatibility though)...

http://cwebbbi.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/ragged-hierarchies-hidememberif-and-mdx-compatibility/

Thanks in advance....

• Try making the value you want to hide Null. If that doesn't work, I don't have another way. As I said, my experience is that it can be made invisible only when ALL remaining items are the same.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply