Help with SQL View

• I have most of a veiw written but Iā€™m not sure how to compare two dates. I have a subscription.paid_thru and an order_date. I want to filter by:

Show record if order_date is within 30 days plus or minus of the subscription.paid_thru date.

I can make it work with filtering on order date and saying =subscription.paid_thru + 30 and that gives me the records that have the order date of the subscription date + 30 days but I need the range of all records + or ā€“ 30 days from the subscription.paid_thru.

Can anyone help?

• You could try using DateAdd and give a between condition. Dateadd(dd,30,ColumnName) and Dateadd(dd,-30,columnName)

-Roy

• Roy,

thank you but that is still only giving me the order_date that is exaclty 30 days + or - the subscriptions.paid_thru. I need any date that falls within that 30 day window on either side of the subscriptions.paid_thru.

• Roy,

thank you but that is still only giving me the order_date that is exaclty 30 days + or - the subscriptions.paid_thru. I need any date that falls within that 30 day window on either side of the subscriptions.paid_thru.

Mike,

Roy was saying to use the query as below, which does give you everything >=-30 and <=30 days of the subscription date.

select *

from table

where order_date between Dateadd(dd,-30,paid_thru) and Dateadd(dd,30,paid_thru)

• Ah, thank you, that worked perfectly.

Very much appreciated.

• Thanks Adam. I still am not good at answering questions yet I guess. I am not good at explaining..:-)

-Roy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply