Help us Improve our Logo

• I like # 3 and # 6... perhaps because I'm partial to yellow.  I like the size of # 1 though.

I also think the ray tracing (or whatever it is) on the text "SQL" takes away from it's legibility.

Terry

• I'm afraid I agree with those who are wondering what the purpose of this redesign is. The box appears to be just an element to add color and visual recognition, but the meaning in relation to SQL Server.Com does not come through, so simply changing the colors doesn't do anything. Adding dimension and shadowing to the image adds to the size of your graphic, increasing download time on the web, without being value added; your original "flat" image is as attractive and more efficient. I like moving the "SQL" inside the sweep to reduce some of the white space, but I'd like to see you keep the SQLServer.Com together. When I was first using this site, it was that full text part of the logo that helped me remember your URL. The discussion from Antares686 about the branding is so important that if you plan to make changes, take the time to know why you are doing it and what the changes are adding to your identity.

Cheryl Flood

Graphic Artist/Web Designer

• Call me picky, but it does not really say database, except the SQL text. In any case 1 is best. I am not a fan of shinny text like this...

• Interesting to see what you think. And some talent here as well. I'd never have noticed the light sources being different. Of course, stick figures are slightly challending to me.

My wife and oldest think our logo has a dradle in it. Brian came up with it and I'm not sure it has any real meaning. However I've grown used to it and not sure I want to get rid of it.

We'll get a voting system in place, and include the current one. I'm kind of curious to see how many people want to change things.

• Excellent eye! Yes, they need the same light source.

As far as size, I made the drafts larger to show details. The final logo size is up to the guys, but my guess is it will be the same.

When we narrow in on colors and layout I will make another batch in final size for people to review.

Great feedback!

Thanks,

Rob

• I don't see a reason why we are going away from the current one!!

If you want a different logo, try entirely different one, instead of building based on existing one.

Linto

• Am I missing something?  Where is the flaming logo? There *HAS* to be flames.

Please keep whatever choice optimized for slow connections..

• I have to say that they are all better than anything that I could have managed.  If I had to choose from the six on offer then it would either be #3 or #6.

I don't think that any of them really say SQL to me or database.

To be honest, I  think I bought one of the boxes from mothercare to give to my new nephew

Why not have an open competition where Andy, Steve and the Brians produce a shortlist and the rest of vote?

• Layout #1 with the cube colors from #3.

• Layout #1 with the colours of #2. As for colours why not harmonize it with those from the forum template? Maybe you can make the whole thingt animated

Seriously, is there an urgent need to change the logo? I like the one right now.

--
    Frank Kalis
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Webmaster: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs
    My blog: http://www.insidesql.org/blogs/frankkalis/[/url]

• Hi Andy,

I hope u never asked...but now that u have...take this into account for the record as well.

i wud like the Cube from the logo along with a Cylinder...depicting a Db or maybe just the image for a DB (cylinder) out there rather than have a Bbq'ed cube.

No offence intended.

Cheers,

Arvind

• Hello All,

I like #1, becuase it looks smaller, and I also think it would be great if the rectangulr stuff comes in the center and it rotates, more like a gif file. I didn't do any help in designing, so you can ignore my comments.

Thanks,

Rami

• I agree with some other people here, that I prefer getting rid of this cube and get something new. Cylinder (to represent Database) is one idea.

• I like #1 but I don't understand the point of having the cube either, like a lot of other people.

Why not have a database symbol?  That makes more sense to me.

• I like # 4.... green is a cool box color... and I like the light blue on the top of the rods!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply