Help - table report with group in ssrs2008 r2

• Hi,

I have a simple table report in ssrs 2008 r2, the report list all employees and then the data is to be grouped by Supervisor.

The fields are in the detail section, when I add the group for supervisor it adds the supervisor in the detail section and does not add an extra section from the group, whereas in ssrs 2005 you would have for the group a section for the header and footer.

The data is appearing like this

detail section: Supervisor, Employee Name, Jobtitle, dob, . . .

and I would like the data to be shown like this

Group header: Supervisor

detail section: Employee Name, Jobtitle, dob, . . .

There is a page break between each supervisor so I want to place field headings in the group header so that they appear for each supervisor.

What am I doing wrong ? 🙁

Thanks

• In VS2008. When you add a group the dialog has a drop down to select the Group By field, below that are check boxes for "Add group header" and "Add group footer." Put a check in the appropriate one, and you should be good to go.

• Thanks :-), I knew it was there somewhere it is a bit fiddly though, I suppose I just need to get used to the way it works.

There surely must be a way to allow you to add or remove the headers and footers for a group after you have created the group?

• There surely must be a way to allow you to add or remove the headers and footers for a group after you have created the group?

Take a look at this link, particularly the last entry.

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/338779/katmai-reporting-services-2008-unable-to-add-group-header-except-on-create

• There's a list of groups at the bottom of BIDS, you can right click the group you want and click to add a row outside the group above; that will create a row for the header. Then you may need to turn on advance mode (right hand side) and select the (static) entry above it to repeat on new pages / keep with group below, and also click the table and set its property to repeat column and row headings on new pages ...

Something like that! I do it all the time.

• Thanks, I will have a go next time I create a new report, if can remember 🙂

Its so busy sometimes I forget where I am 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply