Help Required Pleased: I don't even know how to pharase the question to search for an answer myself :-(...

• BCLynch (6/24/2011)

Craig, I completely appreciate that the solution for 2 states is not the necessarily the optimal solution for n states and that you solved the stated problem.

If my last post reads as critical or ungrateful then I'm sorry as certainly it wasn't so intended. I was really delighted with the code you posted and addapted it to immediate effect for my real 2 state problem

Thanks again

B

Sorry, no, I didn't mean to come off that way if I did. It was 1:15 AM for me and I was just typing a quick note since I'm not usually up until the middle of everyone else's workday. 😉

I was more applauding the other method for expandability then seeming hurt, and was explaining why you'd want to use the other method. No worries on my part, you're good. 🙂

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Craig Farrell (6/24/2011)

BCLynch (6/24/2011)

Craig, I completely appreciate that the solution for 2 states is not the necessarily the optimal solution for n states and that you solved the stated problem.

If my last post reads as critical or ungrateful then I'm sorry as certainly it wasn't so intended. I was really delighted with the code you posted and addapted it to immediate effect for my real 2 state problem

Thanks again

B

Sorry, no, I didn't mean to come off that way if I did. It was 1:15 AM for me and I was just typing a quick note since I'm not usually up until the middle of everyone else's workday. 😉

I was more applauding the other method for expandability then seeming hurt, and was explaining why you'd want to use the other method. No worries on my part, you're good. 🙂

Craig,

I've ripped off a lot of your code. Nice to see I got one in!

Todd Fifield

• tfifield (6/24/2011)

Craig,

I've ripped off a lot of your code. Nice to see I got one in!

Todd Fifield

:blush: Now, that's a compliment. Thank you. 🙂

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply