Help on Select statement

• Can anyone help me in coverting the output I am geting when a type in my select statement.

I get a number in return instead of data.

select va_title

from contact

and the results are numerical values , instead of the data strings defined in the front end of the application.

Thank you

• Hi, welcome to SSC, please could you take a few minutes to read through the second link in my signature block in relation to posting code so that we can help you out.

We would need the DDL (CREATE TABLE .....) statements for the contact table and some sample data which can be obfuscated from the real data should it be sensitive information, plus what you would expect the output to be from the data you provided.

Thanks

• tbabs25 (5/14/2012)

Can anyone help me in coverting the output I am geting when a type in my select statement.

select va_title

from contact

and the results are numerical values , instead of the data strings defined in the front end of the application.

Thank you

If you read the above quoted lines and you are in our place then would you understand what the poster wants you to do??

Welcome To SSC. Please check the link in my signature to get to know how to get accurate and fast solutions to your requirements. Please check out the link and post the following:

1. DDL of your tables.

2. Some Sample Data to go with it.

3. Your expected Result Set.

Please help us in helping you.

Vinu Vijayan

For better and faster solutions please check..."How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help" - Jeff Moden[/url] 😉

• vinu512 (5/14/2012)

tbabs25 (5/14/2012)

Can anyone help me in coverting the output I am geting when a type in my select statement.

select va_title

from contact

Thank you

If you read the above quoted lines and you are in our place then would you understand what the poster wants you to do??

Welcome To SSC. Please check the link in my signature to get to know how to get accurate and fast solutions to your requirements. Please check out the link and post the following:

1. DDL of your tables.

You've asked for exactly what Anthony already requested... Trying to boost your points score perhaps?:-)

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Cast/Convert the output. Try

Declare @i int = 10

Select Cast(@i as varchar(10))

• Phil Parkin (5/14/2012)

vinu512 (5/14/2012)

tbabs25 (5/14/2012)

select va_title

from contact

Thank you

1. DDL of your tables.

You've asked for exactly what Anthony already requested... Trying to boost your points score perhaps?:-)

lol...didnt think about the score as of yet...but i guess....ur doin the same by commenting on it......:-D:hehe:

Vinu Vijayan

For better and faster solutions please check..."How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help" - Jeff Moden[/url] 😉

• vinu512 (5/14/2012)

Phil Parkin (5/14/2012)

vinu512 (5/14/2012)

tbabs25 (5/14/2012)

select va_title

from contact

Thank you

1. DDL of your tables.

lol...didnt think about the score as of yet...but i guess....ur doin the same by commenting on it......:-D:hehe:

Does the SQLServerCentral score helps you with self-esteem? If so, just comment every post with something like "good question..." 😀

How to post your question to get the best and quick help[/url]

• Eugene Elutin (5/14/2012)

vinu512 (5/14/2012)

Phil Parkin (5/14/2012)

vinu512 (5/14/2012)

tbabs25 (5/14/2012)

select va_title

from contact

Thank you

1. DDL of your tables.

Does the SQLServerCentral score helps you with self-esteem? If so, just comment every post with something like "good question..." 😀

The score doesn't matter at all I think. Its the new things that you learn everyday that matter.

Anyways, GOOD COMMENT EUGINE :-D:hehe:

Vinu Vijayan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply