Help! MDX > 8.000 characters

• Hi all,

I have a complex MDX that was build within the front-end-tool our users use. Now I want to include it into an ReportingService.rdl with some user parms. All runs fine. But there ist one thing I can't resolve. Part of the MDX is the following line:

...select

non empty crossjoin({[Measures].[Spread], [Measures].[Delta Vortag Spread]}, {[Marktdaten As Of Date].[Jahr - Monat - Datum].[Datum].&[2013-07-10T00:00:00]}) on columns, ....

In this case Visual Studio names all the members with an 2013-07-10T00:00:00-suffix i.e. "[Measures].[Delta Vortag Spread].[Marktdaten As Of Date].[Jahr - Monat - Datum].[Datum].&[2013-07-10T00:00:00]". So the date is hard coded as a field name in the report. When the date comes as a parameter, it's no problem to inject it into the MDX code. But then the field name must be changed in the rdl-code every day. No way.

So I made a OPENQUERY call.

select '1' AS [Index], '2' as Währung, '3' as Stützstelle, '4' as MID

union all

select * FROM OPENQUERY

(OLAP_aktuell,'

with

member [Measures].[Delta Spread/AVG 10 Tage] as [........

Fine! The field-names are constant now! BUT: The MDX-Query is 15.000 characters long. OPENQUERY accepts ony 8.000 !

Any idea??

Regards

Ralf

• I solved it by eliminating some calculated columns in the MDX that are not really needed in the report. 🙂 Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply