Help I''ve been an Idiot

• Hi

I was using MDSE 2000 and de-installed it and installed SQL Sever Developer edition and copied the old MSDE databases to the data folder of the new SQL Server. To my suprise the new server cannot see them. What do I need to do to rectify this please.

Thanks

Carriolan

• attach the database to the new server and you should be able to use them.

mom

• Check out sp_attach_db.

• Thanks guys its obvious when you know how.

Best

Carriolan

• Oh Dear

I was to quick on firing up my browser to access the said recently attached databases I get the following errors. What do I have to do to fix this please?

regards Carriolan

Mono Portal Engine

An error has occured while processing your request. Please contact system administrator with the following information:

Error description: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'ASTRALIS\ASPNET'. at System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText) at MonoSoftware.MonoX.Portal.Global.Global_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e)

• Attaching a database does not automatically update users and permissions within the server.  You will have to recreate your logins and their permissions in the new server.  I believe that this will solve your problem.

Hope this helps

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply