Hello, How can get the server name of a MSOLEDB of a DTS?

• Hello Friend , How can get the server name of a  MSOLEDB of a DTS using a TSQL script or VB Code?

Thanks

• May be being more specific as what you are trying to achieve would help me.

Thanks.

• Presuming you want to get a list of the SQL Servers in a DTS package? If so, you'll need to write a short VBScript to trawl through the DTS object model.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• sorry my bad english , well i want to get the server name where MSoledb is pointed of each Dts

i need to do that because one job of my development area executed a dts that was pointed to production area, it was horrible, i had to reviewed all dts connections, it was very hard....so i want to find some script that showes a list of all dts connection (server names) that they are into a dTS

thanks..............

• Yess you are right i need that VBscript, do you know where i can find some script like that?

do you have some example? thank you a lot of .......................

sorry my bad english...thanks

• I just posted this,

http://www.sqlserver.org.au/Resources/ViewResource.aspx?resourceId=40

Let me know if you have any problems.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Great! it worked wonderfully, a lot of thanks, if someday i travel to Australia i must to invite to you  a drink... thank my friend....

• Thanks my friend for your help, it is very useful, well the list throwes

the numbers of the connections, one a question, is posible to drop the connection oledb using the number? exists some command to do that?

for example  dbcc kill MSoledb_id(45)

exists something like that? thanks.....

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply