Having trouble debugging an SQL Server 2014 SSIS package that extracts some data to a csv file and then FTP's the file to a server.

• I have a package that is mostly working. All parts work when debugging from my Visual Studio workstation and when running from the server all tasks report back successful. The problem is that the file does not end up on the FTP server after the script has executed. If I disable the export part of the script, the file FTP's just fine. If I run the export to a different filename and then export the existing file it all works. I have even tried adding rename and copy tasks with no luck. If the file to be Ftp'd is the one being created it will not put the file on the server. Best I can tell, the file does exist when the FTP task runs. How can I see from the execution on the server a log of the transaction between the SSIS server and the FTP server?

Any other suggestions are welcomed as well.

• Putting a delay in after the file is create solved the issue.

• michael.mcclure (4/12/2016)

Putting a delay in after the file is create solved the issue.

If you're not satisfied with this slightly inelegant solution, you could try putting all of your file-creation stuff into a SEQUENCE container and putting the FTP task after the container.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thanks Phil,

I am new to SSIS and did not know about the sequence container. I'll check it out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply