having no luck with controlling flow

• Hi all,

I've got two threads on this problem, each with trying a different approach. I'm having no luck so far.

In SSIS - Five SQL tasks are running in parallel, each with varying run times. Each assign their respective "completed" variable with value = 1 when it completes. The next step after these five SQL tasks cannot start until all five have finished. When I use precedence constraints, the next step starts when the first of the five completes. This is what I am trying to avoid. I need to wait until all five are complete before moving on.

If I try something like this in a forloop (EvalExpression), I would think it would work. Sadly, it is not waiting for all to finish before the loop stops (which the loop is then supposed to be responsible for signalling the next step.)

@[User::SQLTASK1] == 0 && @[User::SQLTASK2] == 0 && @[User::SQLTASK3] == 0 && @[User::SQLTASK4] == 0 && @[User::SQLTASK5] == 0

I am trying a few approaches with no success. Does anyone know of a way this can be done?

Thank you,

Sharon

• Precendence constraints should be able to work for this, have you checked that you have the 'Logical AND' option select under the Multiple Constraints section in the Constraint Editor?

• could you instead use a sequence container that won't move to next step until all inside are done?

• Hi - Maybe I misunderstood but I read you need all five variables set to 1 before the next task in question should execute. In your code I see all variables set to zero? When you declare a variable it may default to zero and thus the task would not need to wait for the outcome of the prior one(s) here.

Mark

----------------------------------------------------

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply