Happy Birthday

• I too wish you a Happy Birthday, and many more.

All I would like to have for my birthday is for my children to be with me. Maybe by the time my birthday comes around again (March) they will be. As of now, I try to make every moment with them count. To be with the ones we love is the greatest, best gift of all.

• Today IS my birthday! I've gotten a call from my parents and my little grandsons sang Happy Birthday to me on the webcam (not quite as good as being with them in person, but it sure helps). Also, I got an email from a long time friend of mine that I had not heard from in awhile. My husband sent me a cute, funny ecard. I'd say the day is shaping up quite nicely. It isn't necessary to open a gift, I've got the love of family and friends, what else do you need?

• Happy Birthday Steve! And to everyone else celebrating today, too!

At 51 I have all the toys I want, all I need is time to play with them!

My family is blessed with good health, and most live nearby so we can enjoy each other. My sister re-appeared after being awol from the family for 25 years

No gifts required....

then again there's that 36' sailboat for sale at the marina.....

No good deed goes unpunished.

• Happy Birthday Steve, mine is the 13th...

When asked this same question by my wife and kids I responded that a remote helicopter would be nice... a small one I could fly indoors. A set with laser beams that shoot each other down would be nice also.

My wife and I have also been fortunate and blessed so there is not a lot that we don't pick up for ourselves along the way.

Thom Bolin - MCITP SQLServer 2005
    NTXDBA Blog[/url]

• Happy birthday Steve!

I just had my birthday.

The best gift was one I gave: my husband and I took our grown children and their significant others to the Bahamas for a few days.

However, my best friend and I have taken to giving a gift to charity in each others name. It's fun to choose something particularly apporpriate. We had recently traveled to Peru together, so we gave each other the gift of helping school children in the remote Andes in Peru.

• Superautomatic Italian espresso maker (preferably Saeco)... Beware though, you may suddenly find the availability of good coffee (and by coffee I mean espresso!) out on the street limited and frustrating.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• Happy Birthday, Steve.

My 40th is coming up in just 13 days (25 Sep). Call it a mid-life crisis, but I'll be climbing Mt. Elbert (Colorado's highest mountain) on my birthday this year. The gift I'm getting out of it is that my wife and daughter are letting me do it. Of course they get to spend two days in Vail as compensation. πŸ˜€

G M

• Happy Birthday upcoming Steve.

I can agree with most of you who have said that they have what they need. I have several things on my I'd like to have list, but it would be great if I could go home and have my kids rooms clean and tidy and kept that way. I hate clutter.

• Happy Birthday Steve! My birthday was Monday (44, although Wii Fit says I'm only 29!). I had a hard time coming up with a wish list. I asked for a few books and DVDs, to have my car detailed (more of a car dream thatn a dream car), or the new Dell Mini Inspiron (purse size laptop). Hubby and kids got (well, ordered) the Dell. Can't wait to get it...

• Julie Breutzmann (9/12/2008)

Happy birthday Steve!

I just had my birthday.

The best gift was one I gave: my husband and I took our grown children and their significant others to the Bahamas for a few days.

However, my best friend and I have taken to giving a gift to charity in each others name. It's fun to choose something particularly apporpriate. We had recently traveled to Peru together, so we gave each other the gift of helping school children in the remote Andes in Peru.

Julie,

What a cool idea you and your friend have!!

• Thom (9/12/2008)

Happy Birthday Steve, mine is the 13th...

When asked this same question by my wife and kids I responded that a remote helicopter would be nice... a small one I could fly indoors. A set with laser beams that shoot each other down would be nice also.

My wife and I have also been fortunate and blessed so there is not a lot that we don't pick up for ourselves along the way.

Might I suggest this http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/rc/a377/, Thom? πŸ˜€

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

• I have the best gift a girl could ever have. A generator to help my family and neighbors make it through Hurricane Ike. Even though a tree toppled my dream truck and another tree toppled my neighbors roof, I am so thankful my hubby insisted we buy a generator. We are safe and alive. It's a good day!!!!

After dealing withh Katrina, Rita, Gustuv and Ike, just happy to live another day.

• Steve,

I think this would be pretty cool:

http://4wheeldrive.about.com/od/buysellcartrucksuvonline/a/intcxt.htm

Hate to have to put gas in it though!

Mark

• Happy Birthday Mr Jones for when the day comes.

Late November this year I'll be 50. About ten months ago I finally got around to taking up the English longbow after thinking about it for many years. The sport sounded like fun and I reckoned that the exercise and effort would be a healthy alternative to propping up a bar. What I had originally expected from English Longbow, however, wasn't quite reality. Over the centuries, the massive war bows used to devastating effect at Agincourt, Crecy and Poitiers had been diluted down and tinkered with, in particular by the Victorians, resulting in something far nicer and sympathetic to ladies in big dresses and sherry on sunny saturday afternoons.

However, the raising of the Mary Rose and the abundance of exceptionally well preserved military archery equipment found within has sparked an international revival of the English Warbow, because we now know what they looked like and can make good guesses at how they may have performed.

The myth has it that young English lads trained - and continued to train for the rest of their lives - at least once a week in order to be fit and strong enough to draw these mighty weapons, usually estimated to be between 120lb and 180lb (an Olympic recurve is about 65lb).

I disagree with this, and aim to be drawing a military-weight English Warbow before I reach the age of 50, having started training in earnest in May of this year. Currently I'm using a 90lb longbow and training with a 120lb.

I've ordered, for my 50th birthday, a Mary Rose replica self-yew warbow from an acknowledged expert bowyer, with a draw weight of 130lb at 32" draw. Having something to aim for (no pun intended) which is physically and mentally challenging has sure made the last few months more interesting.

Cheers

ChrisM

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Make sure you don't target any developers with that thing!

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply