GUID

• hi

i have unique identifier field in one sp, that i need to pass into another sp.

when i copy paste it to another sp as a parameter value,i am not getting any data.

how to pass it ?

• riya_dave (5/11/2012)

hi

when i copy paste it to another sp as a parameter value,i am not getting any data.

how to pass it ?

hi - you might want to explain a little more - we can't see what you can see....

what doe the proc calls look like (ie what parameters) - what are the proc definitions and how do the procs work - post as much code as you can that will allow the guys and gals on here to help you

MVDBA

• riya_dave, your vagueness is limitless! I am astounded at your defiance towards the notion of helping us help you. What a waste of time...

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• michael vessey (5/11/2012)

riya_dave (5/11/2012)

hi

how to pass it ?

hi - you might want to explain a little more - we can't see what you can see....

what doe the proc calls look like (ie what parameters) - what are the proc definitions and how do the procs work - post as much code as you can that will allow the guys and gals on here to help you

Honestly, don't waste your time asking for anything, you won't get what is needed to actually help.

• opc.three.i dotn except any answer from you.so dont bother even to see my thread

• riya_dave (5/12/2012)

opc.three.i dotn except any answer from you.so dont bother even to see my thread

riya_dave, please accept my apology. I have obviously said something that you did not appreciate, and whatever it was, know that it was said out of my own frustration in trying to help you. That is my fault.

I would have attempted to help you on numerous of your threads to date however you have yet to provide enough information so that I may make a valid attempt to do so. I am not the only one that carries this view. Please try to post more mocplete questions and read the responses to your posts more carefully. Make an honest attempt to answer the questions being asked of you. I am confident that regardless of how many times you post vague questions or responses on this site that if you show effort in responding to follow-up questions, willingness to improve as the multilogue progresses and provide answers and code to the people asking that there will never be a shortage of people offering to help you.

I will not respond to any of your future posts unless you reach out to me directly asking for help. Good luck to you in the future.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• riya_dave, I have been looking at a few of the threads started by yourself and a number of the people here are getting frustrated due to you not answering the questions they require to give you a solution to your problem.

Please remember that we do not have access to your SQL servers, so we cannot see your data, tables, procedures etc etc.

Please answer me this, are you willing to make your SQL servers totally internet facing and willing to give us your SA account password?

If so please make this happen so that we can login to your SQL servers and figure out and solve all your problems.

If not, please as a number of people have said, read the second link in my signature, also copied below for ease.

How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden[/url]

Granted that your data may be sensitive and you may have to to follow some obfuscation to give us the data that we require. Also the descriptions of your problems dont really go into details.

Please read the link we have provided many times, and also give as much detail as you possibly can when posting new threads, so that you help us to help you.

• riya_dave (5/11/2012)

hi

how to pass it ?

I believe it needs to be in quotes.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• riya_dave (5/11/2012)

hi

how to pass it ?

How on earth you can "copy paste" field from on stored proc into another as a parameter value?

Do you have some one sitting inside of SQL server and "copying pasting" values from one sp to another in time of execution?

Anyway, here is working example with GUID variable/parameter:

create proc p_1 (@uid_in uniqueidentifier)

as

begin

select @uid_in

end

go

create proc p_2 as

begin

declare @uid uniqueidentifier

set @uid = NEWID();

exec p_1 @uid_in = @uid

end

go

exec p_2

As you can see GUID value is originated in p_2 and passed as input parameter into p_1 where it used in SELECT statement.

How to post your question to get the best and quick help[/url]

• The above query is working fine

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply