Grant Select Permission for All tables

• Hi All,

I have given one of the DB as a Read only access for all the tables using Windows Authentication, but when user is connected to the same DB , he is not able to view the users tables.

But at the same time when I have created one user using SQL Authentication and given same access then it will be working fine.

Can anyone please help me that what could be the reason it is not working for windows authentication and its working for sql authentication.

Thanks in Advance

• Check the permissions and roles each has. There's nothing intrinsic to windows/sql login that would cause this.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Hi Gail,

I have done each possibilty what I could do. I have written Grant Script and using GUI also I have given SELECT permission to all tables, but still user is not able to see tables. When they Expand tables folder under DB they can only see System tables.

• Double check all of their roles and permissions, not just what you gave them.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply