Grant EXECUTE to user for ALL stored procedures (existing & new) in a schema.

• Is there a way to grant the EXECUTE permission to a role/user for ALL stored procedures under a specific schema without granting them to each individually as they are created? I want to grant the permissions for the application user for all existing stored procedures and any NEW ones that are created in the future as in enhancements.

If there is a way, is it bad practice to do so?

I found this article, however there is no code under the link.

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/DTS/grantingexecuteaccesstoallstoredprocedurestoagiven/2164/

Thanks!

• for the default schema... if you leave out the specific objectname it it grants to all objects:

GRANT EXECUTE TO [YourRoleName]

i think for a specific, non-default schema, say QA schema i think you might be right, that you have to grant by object...lemme test and confirm.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• GRANT EXECUTE ON schema::<schema name> TO <user name>

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • doh Gail beat me to it..i found the example in my snippets:

GRANT EXECUTE ON Schema::schemaname TO <RoleName>

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thank you, Lowell & Gila!! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply