Getting new records, deleted records and updated from table A to table B

• Good Morning to all,

Im new at SSIS, i would like to know if somebody can help me with this...

I have a big table A, that have lots of transformation along the day (Insert's, Delete's, Update's). I would love to know, the best way to have a Table B (with the same columns that Tab A) , always updated.. Can someone help me?

Thanks

• Almost like a "current" table?

If that is the case, drop the table and insert into where current indicator = 'Y' should do. Just about the fastest method you gonna find

~PD

• Hi, thanks for answer my question,

What do you mean when u say "current" table?

Maybe i didnt explain quite well... For example, i have a table A in Production with lots of contacts, and along the day, new rows are inserted, some contacts are deleted, and others are updated, i want a table in DEV that every hour are updated with the rows in production... The table source have minimium 15000 rows... so is not a good practice drop and create the table...

Thanks buddy

• Ahhhh, I did misunderstand....

Maybe consider using replication

• You have lots of options.

Here is another post in which I outlined some of them with some details:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic508430-364-1.aspx#bm508682

This is called a Type-1 Slowly Changing Dimension in the data warehousing world and is really common. You have tons of options that all depend on acceptable latency, the amount of data, the ability to know when something changes, etc.

You can update in batch with something like SSIS or direct T-SQL, you can update real-time with replication, triggers (usually a bad idea), or Service Broker.

Look over some of these options and come up with your specific requirements.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply