Generate Create Script to Project in Visual Studio 2005 Professional

• I ran into a problem when we upgrade to Visual Studio 2005 professional. We use Database Project in Visual Studio to manage database objects.

In VS 2003, we can copy a group of database objects from Server Explorer to Solution Explorer and choose copy as seperate objects in the Option menu of 'Generate Create Script'.  In VS 2005, 'Generate Create Script' change to 'Generate Create Script to Project' and the option menu disappear, and it always generates one script for multiple objects I select. I don't get the option menu to select 'copy permission as well', 'generate one script', or 'generate as seperate script'. Did I miss something in the install or configuration? I'd like the Option window back for Generate Create Script.

We're using Visual Studio 2005 professional and SQL 2000 enterprise.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Red Duck

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• In SQL Server 2000, from Enterprise Manager you can script out objects to individual files.  This might be an acceptable work-around for you.

Unfortunately, in SQL Server 2005, this functionality disappears as well.

Aunt Kathi Data Platform MVP
    Author of Expert T-SQL Window Functions
    Simple-Talk Editor

• Thank you. It's an acceptable work-around for me now although I have to switch between VS and EM to get the job done

That's a nice feature I love in VS 2003 and SQL 2000. Woundn't it be nice the advanced version covers all the good features in the old one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply