fuzzy lookup task

• I am working with fuzzy logic using SSIS.

I created a base table and was using it as reference table in Fuzzy lookup task. At the same time, I was updating the base table i.e. running DML statements to correct the base table.

It worked fine for a while and then it started giving me a error:

Msg 6549, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_FuzzyLookupTableMaintenanceInvoke, Line 0

When I googled the error message, I find this : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942905

Which essentially says to apply the hotfix to resovle the issue.

this is surprising to me as Why I was not getting this error earlier. To more surprise, I create a new base table and a new SSIS package and things worked out well.

However, I am wondering why I was getting that error.

Has anyone encountered same issue? I'll appreciate experts can shed some light

Thanks

• So were you running the update against the table while the SSIS package was running?

• No.

I thought about that. So, I even closed the BIDS but still I was getting the error.

And it came up even when I restarted my local machine.

I checked with my DBA about the hotfix. Somehow, server which is configured to update hotfix etc automatically, never updated this hotfix.

• Very weird.

Since this was small table, I was able to do this work around.

But i am trying to understand what cud hav been reason for the error message

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply