Fuzzy Lookup Issue

• Hi,

Am trying to filter bad data using a fuzzy lookup and am getting no results returned which are similar. Both my reference table and table containing bad data have a nvarchar(20) - but when the package is run, only the good values are returned i.e. exact matches.

e.g a value of "C3" is present in the bad data and should actually be a value of "C03" which is stored in my reference table - when i run the package and use a data viewer to preview the results the example returns a similarity threshold of 0. I thought this might be due to the combination of a letter and number, so I included another test, with just text, using "TES" as the bad data and "TEST" as the reference value.

Again no similar values returned. I can't seee what I'm doing wrong, can anyone give me any pointers?

Thx

• Found out what the problem was - as the value in the data table is short, fuzzy lookup cannot find a match. Setting the Exhaustive component property of the lookup to TRUE returns the correct results, however this means every input record is compared to each reference value - time consuming for large tables....

oh well, at least I know the solution now..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply