FTP using Filezilla 2.2.32

• Hi everyone,

Running into an issue. From an SSIS package I'm FTP'ing using filezilla version 2.2.32. I created a bat with the following code.

"C:\Program Files\FileZilla\filezilla" -u "\\afsdistrib1\BATS\Efunds\filename" sftp://username:password@mysftpsite:22/home/fnis/outgoing/ -overwrite -close

It runs fine if I kick off the .bat file manually, and also works fine when I'm in Visual Studio manually running.

But when I set it up as a sql job, and run, it just hangs. Please help. I've tried googling, but haven't found much on this issue.

Thanks,

• I set this up with execute process task.

• If you haven't run the batch job manually on the server, I would suggest you do that. The issue you may be having is the SFTP requires a host key be cached in the registry of the machine you are running SFTP from. I had the same issue that you are having and realized that I needed to manually run the batch job from the server, type "y" to store the key in the cache and then it worked for me as a job. This will allow you to permanently store the host key in the registry. When you do this, you'll want to make sure you're running it under the same security context that the SQL Agent runs under.

If this is the case and you have tested the job several times, it's likely that you have a few FileZilla clients open in the server's processes. You'll want to kill those, if they're still running.

Let us know if this works.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply