FTP Task

• Hi all,

I have to create a ssis package to send files to oracle via http://FTP.since i am new to this i goggled for it but did not find the exact articles .

so i have tried this way:

I have created three 4 connection manager :

1. for my test instance

2. the flat file connection manager for destination with name OracleItem_Forecast.

3. the new file connection to capture the above flat file locally OracleItem_Forecast.txt .

4. FTP connection manager.

FTP Connection Manager:

ServerName -> gave the servername

ServerPort ->21

Username ->gave the username

password ->gave the password

Time-out ->60

retries ->5

chunksize ->1

and did not select passive mode

SSIS Package:

I have created data flow and FTP task in my control flow .

And in the data flow task there is oledb and flat file destination.

In FTP Task:

General tab->i gave the FTP connetion

File Transfer->

IsRemotepathvariable ->false

RemotePath ->/incoming --do i need to specify full path including filename ,the filename in oracle is Item_forecast.

Overwritefileatdestination ->True

IsLocalPathvariable ->False

LocalPath ->OracleItem_Forecast.txt --this is the file i captured loacally using my 3rd connection manager

Operation ->sendfiles

Istransferascii ->True

Oledb source:

I have select data from using the first connetion manager from my database

FlatFile Destination:

I am sending everyhting to the destination folder using my 2nd connetion manager and finally capturing it using 3rd connetion manager.

I donot know how to provide details for the SSIS package i am creating,this is the best i came up with .

could any one please tell me whether i am doing write or not?

Or guide me in the right direction .

• Hi ,

I tried the process i mentioned above and i got this error:

Executed as user: sqlserver. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 9.00.3042.00 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 11:50:20 AM Error: 2010-11-05 11:50:28.19 Code: 0xC001602A Source: Package Connection manager "Oracle" Description: An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: The password was not allowed . End Error Error: 2010-11-05 11:50:28.19 Code: 0xC002918F Source: FTP Task FTP Task Description: Unable to connect to FTP server using "Oracle". End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 11:50:20 AM Finished: 11:50:28 AM Elapsed: 7.344 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

so i have changed the SSIS package protection level to Donot save sensitive but i got the same error .I am running the package on my sql agent as a job.

Could anyone help me what i need to do ...

could you tell me whether creating package configurations help me avoid this error.

• Make sure your SQL Server Job Agent account has permissions to access the FTP/file paths.

• how should i check in SQL Agent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply