Free Tool to generate Scripts from database

• I am using SQL SErver 2005 express edition. Is there any tool available for free which can generate the scripts for database objects- tables ,sps , functions including table data,primary keys and foreign keys relationship and every other type of keys.

• gaurav-404321 (7/22/2010)

I am using SQL SErver 2005 express edition. Is there any tool available for free which can generate the scripts for database objects- tables ,sps , functions including table data,primary keys and foreign keys relationship and every other type of keys.

Yes, SSMS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• can u plz guide step by step how to do that

can u plz guide step by step how to do that

Right click the object, select Script Database/Table/etc -> Create to (select your wanted option)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• I want to generate the script for all tables in one go not for one by one table

Also i want to generate the insert script for table data rows .

I want to generate the script for all tables in one go not for one by one table

Also i want to generate the insert script for table data rows .

Right click on you database, select "Tasks", then "Generate Scripts"..and follow the wizard

• There is a wizard which will accomplish your task

Right click on the database, select script database as and then select either create, drop or drop and create option.

• If you want to script data, you'll need to explicitly set the option. Under the "Choose Script Options" dialog, scroll down, you'll see the "Script Data" option under the Table/View Options section

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply