Free tool to convert PL/SQL code to T-SQL

• Does anyone know of a tool that can convert PL/SQL code to T-SQL? I spent some time on Google, but I would like something reputable.

It doesn't have to be a free tool, just not crazy expensive. I am more concerned with accuracy at this time, since I have several PL/SQL scripts to convert.

Thanks!

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. --Mike Tyson

• The SQL Server Migration Assistant for Oracle can do that. Download it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43689

-- Gianluca Sartori

• i am definitely under the impression that procedures/functions/packages have to be hand edited, as there's no specific set of rules to convert them;

the migration assistant is fine for tables and views, but other objects are a manual process.

Having had to code in both worlds, i often had to make the "same" procedure in both systems, and there's no direct way of converting procedures.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I figured that the tools will not convert everything. I am hoping to get some assistance since I haven't used PL/SQL since Oracle 8i.

Thank you all so much for your input.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. --Mike Tyson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply