Format string for numbers to line up correctly

• The string I use for formatting numbers in Excel is:

#,##0_);(#,##0);_-* "-"_-;

When I tried using that in Reporting Services it does not work. I tried variations and ended up with the following:

#,##0 ;(#,##0); "-";

This almost works, as the negative numbers appear in brackets as I want them to. However I need the positive numbers to have a space afterwards so that the positive and negative numbers line up in financial reports. I have looked at the Microsoft web site for .NET formatting strings but am none the wiser. Can someone please tell me what string to use so that I get the numbers to line up correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• The only way I have found to get the numbers to line up is to use an expression to alter the right padding on each textbox. This is done with the formula IIF(expression for textbox value < 0,"1pt","4pt"), which puts a greater padding on the positive numbers. Looks horrible on the screen but when exported to PDF the report looks OK.

However this means using formulas on all textboxes to test their values, so it is a real nuisance. It would be a lot easier if I could do it with a formatting string. Does anyone know how to do that?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply