Foreach File Enumerator loop qith Excel files

• Hi,

I have a package that is using a Foreach File Enumerator loop to go through a folder and pull in the data from a 3 Excel files; insert the data into a table in SQL Server. However, it goes through the first file, three times and inserts the rows of that file 3 times in the table. But the it never goes through the other files.

I realize this may be difficult to answer without seeing it.

Does any one know what I ma be doing wrong or what I can look at.

Thank you

• itmasterw 60042 (10/7/2016)

Hi,

I have a package that is using a Foreach File Enumerator loop to go through a folder and pull in the data from a 3 Excel files; insert the data into a table in SQL Server. However, it goes through the first file, three times and inserts the rows of that file 3 times in the table. But the it never goes through the other files.

I realize this may be difficult to answer without seeing it.

Does any one know what I ma be doing wrong or what I can look at.

Thank you

Quick question, are you using an expression containing the file name value from the enumerator for the connection string to the excel file?

😎

• Honestly I tried so many things, that I do not remember if I am currently doing that. Unfortunately I am away from my computer right now, but will look when I get back. I know that I have done it and it has not worked, but I agree that you need that to make this work. However, I must be doing something wrong. So would you be able to tell me how to do that please. What I did, when I did it, is to create a variable with the first file name, and then I put it in the expression of the File enumerator. I even tried concatenating the file path and the file name variables and it still did not work. I am just doing something wrong. I got this to work with text files in another project, but the some things do not apply here.

Thank you

• I the problem. It is solved.

Thank you

• It is solved.

Not sure what you mean by "I the problem", but if there's a solution that would be useful to others, please post the solution to this thread so that others with the same issue will have a possible solution.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply