Finding a file attachment in the Mailbox

• Hi everybody,

I need to find a way (if there is a way) of using a DTS package created in SQL Server 7.0/2000 to loop through my Mailbox.

Just FYI, I’m able to send alerts to any recipient using a ‘Send Mail Task’ in SQL Server 2000 local package.

My goal is to find a particular attachment in my Mailbox and copy it over to the desired folder.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Is your email using MS Exchange? If so, you can use CDO via an ActiveX script to do virtually anything with your email that you can do through the GUI. Search MSDN for CDO or Collaboration Data Objects...also, Thomas Rizzo, former (?) Program Manager for MS Exchange has a couple of excellent books out on programming Outlook and Exchange if you need additional examples or in-depth explanations...

hth,

Michael

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

• Michael,

Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately we are using an IMail SMTP/POP3 e-mail server and are not going to switch to MS Exchange server in a nearest future.

Anywhere, we are utilizing a Microsoft Outlook on the front end.

Any other suggestions?

I would greatly appreciate if anybody could share a piece of ActiveX script code of reading & utilizing the contents of e-mail messages inside a Mailbox.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

• Look into setting an object reference to outlook...you should be able to walk through the object model and look for attachments that way...I would give you an example of code to do this but it has been about three years since I have done it myself and I simply have forgotten the outlook object model...check it out on MSDN...

hth,

Michael

Michael Weiss

Michael Weiss

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply