I have below query:

"SELECT TOP 10

qs.total_elapsed_time / qs.execution_count / 1000000.0 AS average_seconds,

qs.total_elapsed_time / 1000000.0 AS total_seconds,

qs.execution_count,

SUBSTRING (qt.text,qs.statement_start_offset/2,

(CASE WHEN qs.statement_end_offset = -1

THEN LEN(CONVERT(NVARCHAR(MAX), qt.text)) * 2

ELSE qs.statement_end_offset END - qs.statement_start_offset)/2) AS individual_query,

o.name AS object_name,

DB_NAME(qt.dbid) AS database_name

FROM

sys.dm_exec_query_stats qs

CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(qs.sql_handle) as qt

LEFT OUTER JOIN sys.objects o ON qt.objectid = o.object_id

WHERE

qt.dbid = DB_ID()

ORDER BY

average_seconds DESC;"

With the help of above query , I am able to find which Procedure is taking more time, but unable to find what paramater user has passed for the displaying query.

Could anyone please help me regarding this ?

One more scenario is that there are so many query statement is there in one procedure , I want to know which statement is taking more time to execute in the particualar Procedure and in which scenario the query is taking more time.

Thanks in Advance.

Arooj

• https://www.simple-talk.com/sql/performance/finding-the-causes-of-poor-performance-in-sql-server,-part-1/

https://www.simple-talk.com/sql/performance/finding-the-causes-of-poor-performance-in-sql-server,-part-2/

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Your best bet if you want to capture parameters is to use Extended Events[/url]. You can't capture parameter values querying the cache.

For lost more on query tuning, see the books in my signature below.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply