fetching date from 1 sp to another

• declare @row1 datetime

set @row1 = @fromYTD

while(@row1 < @Todate)

begin

select thrudate from item3

set @row1 = DATEADD(MONTH , 1 , @row1)

IF (<whatever the date to be checked is> NOT IN (SELECT <date column> FROM <some other function>) AND (<whatever the date to be checked is> IN (SELECT <date column> FROM <third function>) -- if the date is not returned by the fist function but is returned from the second function

INSERT INTO <whatever the base table name is> (<whatever the column name is>)

VALUES (@Row1)

end

That's the best I can do as the requirement is still vague and the required table names are no where to be found. You'll have to put the actual function names and actual table names in yourself.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • thanks,but i need to check till @row1 = todate,can i use <=.

and for this thing

IF (<whatever the date to be checked is> NOT IN (SELECT <date column> FROM <some other function>) AND (<whatever the date to be checked is> IN (SELECT <date column> FROM <third function>) -- if the date is not returned by the fist function but is returned from the second function

VALUES (@Row1)

i need to check like this , IF (@row1 not in (select fromdate from fitem2(@Reportdata1) then

i need to insert in fitem3,but as it is function,i cannot insert into it.so what i need to do,can i create temp table and then insert into function

• You have provided code, now you need to provide the ddl to create the tables, sample data to load into those tables, and the expected results based on the sample data.

We are still shooting in the dark without that information.

• what DDL u talkign abotu i didnt get it.

i need to insert this I1 values into udf,as i cannot ,i need to create temp table with all the the fields that udf has and then i need to insert into udf. or i can create temp table with just one filed I1 and i can add that to my formula.

the excepted result will give you only I1 values of the missing periods

• hbtkp (4/14/2012)

i need to insert in fitem3,but as it is function,i cannot insert into it.so what i need to do,can i create temp table and then insert into function

No, there is no way at all you can insert into a function, you have to insert into the base table that the function queries.

As I said

VALUES (@Row1)

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• my function doesnt have base table

it simplylike this

create function name(@Reportdate1)

return table

(

column1 datatypr,

column2 datatype)

• You still haven't given us everything we need to help you. Sorry, but you are on your own until you do.

Again read the article we keep telling you read and post everything we need to be able to help you.

• hbtkp (4/14/2012)

my function doesnt have base table

it simplylike this

return table

(

column1 datatypr,

column2 datatype)

Not possible. That is not a complete function definition, the data that the function returns has to come from somewhere and functions do not store data themselves.

A function definition would be either

return @Result table

(

column1 datatypr,

column2 datatype)

AS

BEGIN

--- function definition here

END

or

return @Result table

(

column1 datatypr,

column2 datatype)

AS

EXTERNAL NAME <NAME OF CLR class>

If it's a CLR function you'll have to check the .NET code to see where the function gets its data. Or ask your boss or colleagues, one of them has to know

Gail Shaw

• ok. i have second function wih external name.

now what i have to do

• GilaMonster (4/14/2012)

If it's a CLR function you'll have to check the .NET code to see where the function gets its data. Or ask your boss or colleagues, one of them has to know

Gail Shaw

• ok.thanks a lot,i will get back,once i am done with all this code.

thank u guys for your support

• ok. i hav tried this code

declare @row1 datetime

set @row1 = @fromYTD

while(@row1 <= @Todate)

begin

if ( @row1 not in(select fromdate from item2(@ReportData1)))

insert into #temp4

select I1 from item3(@Reportdata3) where fromdate = @row1

set @row1 = DATEADD(MONTH , 1 , @row1)

end

select * from #temp4

i am getting nothing in my result.its not going into loop. should @row1 , @Todate should be in same format liek mm-dd-yyyy.

i am not sure its same format or not,Is this one causing error

• They should both be definded as datetime or date datatype.

• they both are datetime.

how to compare two dates with <=

• i am passing todate like this @ToDate = '12/31/2011',

and fromdate is getting liek this 2010-12-31 00:00:00.000

is this a problem?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply