Failure Sending Email - SSRS - SMTP Issues - Need Help Please

• Hello Folks,

I have been seeing this issue and i am really not sure how to fix this.

Issue : I have a SSRS report. I want to create a Subscription so that i can schedule it and send it to users. I created a Subscription and tried to send an email to myself. Below is the error i am getting.

Failure sending mail: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client was not authenticatedMail will not be resent.

I tried to troubleshoot this.

In the respective server, SSRS service and In Configuration Manager, account is running under same account. I checked and all the services are running fine. I am not sure what more to change.

Do i need to change anything in the XML Configuration file. Please do let me know.

Thanks,

SK

• Not sure this is supported. If you cannot get a trusted SMTP relay that accepts anonymous connections or connections only via certain IPs you might have to setup SMTP on an IIS server and use that as a relay.

I found the following Connect entry that sounds pretty close to what you are trying to do.

Using External Authenticated SMTP Server for Email Delivery (Reporting Services)

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply