Failed to lock variable error

• Hi All,

I created a SSIS package to check whether the file exists in my local path.File name changes dynamically(a_yyyymmdd.txt).I created two variables within the SSIS to do this and accessed those within the script.Since the file name changes dynamically i added an expression and referred it to a read only variable.Also listing the variables in the Readonly and ReadWrite section of the script task.

These are 2 variable which iam declaring at the package level

File path:D:/FOLDERNAME/a_yyyymmdd.txt(String)

File Exists:FALSE(Boolean)

Whenver i execute the package i get the following error

Error: Failed to lock variable "D:/FOLDERNAME/a_yyyymmdd.txt" for read access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created."

Your help would be appreciated

• By the error it looks like you tried to use the value as the variable name..

CEWII

• Elliott Whitlow (12/21/2011)

By the error it looks like you tried to use the value as the variable name..

CEWII

Indeed. Is it possible to post the code snippit where you reference the variables?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply