Exporting Tables in MSSQL 2005

• I am a bit new to MSSQL 2005 and I am trying to Export a table using the SSIS Import Export tool but am getting exceedingly frustrated with the error

"The data type for input column KWATCode is DT_NText which is not supported with ANSI files. Use DT_Text instead and convert the data to DT_NTEXT using the data conversion component "

How do I change DT_Text ? How can I overcome this ??

• Looking at the error it seems that the conversion from a unicode column to an ANSI column is failing?

What is your destination?

What's this "backup strategy" everyone is on about?

• Google is a good friend

You're just reversing the direction, going from DT_NTEXT to DT_TEXT, and input vs output

Idea is the same

Converting DT_TEXT into DT_NTEXT[/url]

SQLServerNewbieMCITP: Database Administrator SQL Server 2005
  • Thanks Guys, I clicked on the unicode check box on the SSIS and it exported well.

However another problem arose at the imports, I am getting this error

Error 0xc02020a1: Data Flow Task: Data conversion failed. The data conversion for column "DdctPrcnt" returned status value 2 and status text "The value could not be converted because of a potential loss of data.".

(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

I go to the advanced options and check on the column type but they are the same as the source that is DT_NUMERIC (19,6).

How can I overcome this error?

• I was also facing same problem , by selecting Unicode check box on the SSIS and it works fine for me.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply