Exporting table with data

• Hi,

i have a table having alot of data on my local machine.i want to import this table to my server.i am using sqlserver2005.i do not have export option.is there any way through code etc?

• This is not a correct way but you can do at server at rest time.

Take the select * from table output in excel.

open the database choose the table Right Click the table.

Give open table there you can able copy data from excel to your table.

• You could create a linked server on production to your local machine. Then you can use SELECT INTO syntax to recreate the table.

Are you using SQL Server Management STudio? Because you should be able to right click on a database and see the Tasks menu there.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• yes i am using sql management studio and do not have tasks option

• Are you looking in the right place? Check attached screen shot to confirm.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• YOu right clicked on database ....i just want to export one table and then import that table in another db....i can view like ur attached

• engrshafiq4 (11/29/2011)

YOu right clicked on database ....i just want to export one table and then import that table in another db....i can view like ur attached

Yes I did. And which is what you were asked to do. From Grant Fritchley's post:

Because you should be able to right click on a database ...

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• engrshafiq4 (11/29/2011)

YOu right clicked on database ....i just want to export one table and then import that table in another db....i can view like ur attached

Exactly.

Right click on the database where you want to import the data. Then select "Tasks." Then select "Import Data..." This will open the Import wizard. Just start following the prompts from there. You'll be able to connect to your local machine (or wherever) that has the data and pick and choose which table or tables you want to move. It's pretty easy.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply