Export to PDF inserts blank pages

• I'm trying to export a report to standard size (8.5 x 11) paper in PDF so users can have a nice looking printout of what they see.  The exported report has a blank page after each page of data.  This is a regular report (not a matrix) and I'm a newbie, so be (very) patient.  Lots of experience with Crystal Reports, but this product is being pushed on us.

• When I have this problem it is usually because my body + margins are larger than the report size.  Just size your columns so they will fit in less than the 8.5 inch available area then go into the properties box and select "Report" and the margins will be available to change in there.

• I've tried that - it doesn't seem to make any difference in the PDF output (unless there's something I'm really missing here).  This is very frustrating!

• I've actually found I need to take the margins of the report smaller than I expect.  Subtract for the standard printing margins, then shade it 1/8 to 1/4 inch smaller yet for the width/length of each page.  For me, it was the width causing the problems and producing the blank pages.  Best of luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply